Front Page Forums Ideas Discussion Forum Interface to allow MARC templates to be created/edited/deleted

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ruth Frasur
    Keymaster

Please refer to https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1131238 for this long standing wishlist item. Currently, MARC templates must be created utilizing direct server access. This is overly cumbersome for a lot of reasons not least of which is the need to restart OpenSRF each time a template is installed/added.

Benjamin Kalish
    Participant

+1. I have no experience with this part of Evergreen, but moving these into the database and providing an Evergreen interface for them seems like a no-brainer.

Ruth Frasur
    Keymaster

Ben,

This came up because OCLC is changing some things related to fixed fields which means all of our MARC templates will need to be updated. This is something that I could/should conceivably be able to do very easily as a global administrator. But, because it requires editing through direct server access and also requires an OpenSRF restart, I can’t. I am positive that my organization is not the only one this impacts.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.